Home Environment Health Health Officials Report 185 Deaths from Hunger in Gaza Last Month
Health

Health Officials Report 185 Deaths from Hunger in Gaza Last Month

Share
Share

Gaza’s Health Ministry has reported that 185 people lost their lives due to malnutrition in August alone, underscoring the deepening humanitarian catastrophe unfolding in the besieged enclave. The ministry warned that famine conditions, already declared by international monitors, are worsening at an alarming pace as food supplies dwindle and medical care becomes increasingly scarce.

According to the statement, more than 70 of the victims including 12 children died after a global hunger monitor confirmed that famine was present in Gaza, highlighting the failure of aid deliveries to reach those most in need. The crisis is particularly acute among vulnerable groups, with 43,000 children under the age of five currently suffering from malnutrition. In addition, the ministry reported that over 55,000 pregnant and breastfeeding women are affected, raising fears for the survival of both mothers and infants.

Health officials further warned that two-thirds of pregnant women in Gaza are now suffering from anaemia, the highest rate recorded in recent years. The combination of prolonged siege, restricted aid, and collapsing healthcare infrastructure has left families with little access to essential nutrition or medical treatment. Humanitarian agencies say the mounting death toll is a stark indicator of famine’s deadly grip, calling for urgent international intervention to avert further loss of life.

Share

Leave a comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Don't Miss

Iran military warns US forces will be attacked if they enter Strait of Hormuz

TEHRAN: Iran’s military said on Monday that US forces would be attacked if they entered the Strait of Hormuz, following US President Donald...

Donald Trump claims Iran wants Hormuz Strait reopened soon

Washington: Donald Trump said Iran had informed him it was in a “state of collapse” and was trying to determine its leadership situation,...

Trump Unimpressed by Iran’s New Plan to End Conflict: US Official

Washington: US President Donald Trump is unhappy with the latest Iranian proposal on resolving the two-month war, a US official said, dampening hopes...

Related Articles

UN Sounds Alarm as Gaza Children Denied Evacuation Amid Israeli Blockade

Israel’s ongoing blockade on Gaza has left hundreds of wounded children stranded,...

WHO Endorses Weight-Loss Drugs in Fight Against Global Obesity

The World Health Organization has formally added several powerful weight-loss drugs—specifically GLP-1...

Gaza Death Toll Hits 65 Amid Israeli Military Offensive

At least 65 Palestinians were killed in Israeli air and ground assaults...

UN Reports 21,000 Children Disabled Amid Gaza Conflict

The United Nations Committee on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities has...