Home GeoPolitics US Imposes New Sanctions Aimed at Cutting Off Funding for Iran’s Military
GeoPoliticsWest Asia

US Imposes New Sanctions Aimed at Cutting Off Funding for Iran’s Military

Share
Share

The United States has announced a new wave of Iran-related sanctions aimed at dismantling financial networks accused of funding Tehran’s military apparatus, including the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps’ Quds Force and the Ministry of Defense and Armed Forces Logistics (MODAFL).

According to the US Treasury Department, the sanctions target individuals and entities operating in Hong Kong and the United Arab Emirates, accused of facilitating illicit fund transfers tied to Iranian oil sales. Washington described these networks as “shadow banking” systems that exploit the global financial order, laundering money through overseas front companies and cryptocurrency to evade existing sanctions.

The move builds on measures introduced in June, when the US sanctioned actors linked to the sourcing of sensitive machinery for Iran’s defense industry. The latest sanctions come as geopolitical tensions between Washington and Tehran remain high, with prospects for renewed nuclear talks clouded by US demands to restrict Iran’s ballistic and hypersonic missile programs—demands Tehran has rejected. The suspension of the sixth round of Iran-US negotiations followed Israeli and American strikes on Iranian military and nuclear facilities earlier this year, which were met with Iranian retaliation in the form of missile barrages against Israel, underscoring the heightened volatility of the standoff.

Share

Leave a comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Don't Miss

Iran military warns US forces will be attacked if they enter Strait of Hormuz

TEHRAN: Iran’s military said on Monday that US forces would be attacked if they entered the Strait of Hormuz, following US President Donald...

Donald Trump claims Iran wants Hormuz Strait reopened soon

Washington: Donald Trump said Iran had informed him it was in a “state of collapse” and was trying to determine its leadership situation,...

Trump Unimpressed by Iran’s New Plan to End Conflict: US Official

Washington: US President Donald Trump is unhappy with the latest Iranian proposal on resolving the two-month war, a US official said, dampening hopes...

Related Articles

Ali al-Zaidi Takes Office as Iraq’s New Prime Minister After Securing Confidence Vote

BAGHDAD: Iraq’s new Prime Minister Ali al-Zaidi officially assumed office as prime...

Masoud Pezeshkian Appreciates Pakistan’s Role in Strengthening Ceasefire

TEHRAN: Iranian President Masoud Pezeshkian, during a meeting with Pakistan’s Interior Minister...

Iran military warns US forces will be attacked if they enter Strait of Hormuz

TEHRAN: Iran’s military said on Monday that US forces would be attacked...

Attack on nun sparks concern among Jerusalem’s Christian community

JERUSALEM: Footage of an attack on a Catholic nun in Jerusalem shocked...