Home Asia Central Asia Taliban spokesman confirms explosion in Kabul, denies major damage
Central AsiaGeoPolitics

Taliban spokesman confirms explosion in Kabul, denies major damage

Share
Share

KABUL: Several explosions were reported in Afghanistan’s capital, Kabul, late Thursday night, triggering a heavy security response and causing traffic disruptions across the city.

Taliban spokesperson Zabeehullah Mujahid confirmed the incident in a post on X, saying, “The sound of an explosion was heard in the city of Kabul. However, no one should worry — it is all well and good. The investigation of the incident is underway, and no report of any damage has been given so far.”

Local sources said a Land Cruiser vehicle was apparently struck near Abdul Haq Square, a busy area in central Kabul. The exact cause of the explosion remains unclear. According to Afghan media outlet TOLOnews, authorities closed the Abdul Haq intersection shortly after the blast, leading to heavy traffic congestion in the area as security forces cordoned off nearby roads.

AFP journalists in Kabul reported hearing two explosions around 9:50 p.m. local time (10:20 p.m. PKT). Following the blasts, security forces conducted vehicle checks and patrols across multiple neighborhoods. Residents also reported mobile phone service disruptions in parts of the city. As of late Thursday night, no casualties or property damage had been confirmed, and no group had claimed responsibility for the explosions. Authorities said an investigation into the incident was ongoing.

Author

Share

Leave a comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Don't Miss

Iran military warns US forces will be attacked if they enter Strait of Hormuz

TEHRAN: Iran’s military said on Monday that US forces would be attacked if they entered the Strait of Hormuz, following US President Donald...

Donald Trump claims Iran wants Hormuz Strait reopened soon

Washington: Donald Trump said Iran had informed him it was in a “state of collapse” and was trying to determine its leadership situation,...

Trump Unimpressed by Iran’s New Plan to End Conflict: US Official

Washington: US President Donald Trump is unhappy with the latest Iranian proposal on resolving the two-month war, a US official said, dampening hopes...

Related Articles

Iran military warns US forces will be attacked if they enter Strait of Hormuz

TEHRAN: Iran’s military said on Monday that US forces would be attacked...

Donald Trump claims Iran wants Hormuz Strait reopened soon

Washington: Donald Trump said Iran had informed him it was in a...

Trump Unimpressed by Iran’s New Plan to End Conflict: US Official

Washington: US President Donald Trump is unhappy with the latest Iranian proposal...

Trump Opts for Phone Diplomacy in Talks with Iran Amid Deadlock

Washington: Donald Trump on Sunday indicated that peace talks between Washington and...