Home GeoPolitics Israel Accused of 80 Ceasefire Breaches as New Gaza Strikes Kill Nearly 100
GeoPolitics

Israel Accused of 80 Ceasefire Breaches as New Gaza Strikes Kill Nearly 100

Share
Share

At least 97 Palestinians have been killed and more than 230 wounded since the start of the current ceasefire in Gaza, according to the Gaza Government Media Office, which accused Israel of violating the truce agreement 80 times in just a few days.

The office said the Israeli military has conducted multiple air raids, artillery strikes, and drone attacks across several areas of the enclave, including Gaza City, Khan Younis, and Rafah. It described the bombardment as “a continuation of Israeli aggression under the cover of a fragile ceasefire,” and called on international mediators to hold Israel accountable.

The Israeli army said its operations were launched in response to what it claimed were violations by Hamas, accusing the group of firing mortars and positioning fighters near Israeli forces along the border. However, Hamas has denied these accusations, saying it remains committed to the ceasefire deal brokered by the United States, Egypt, Qatar, and Turkey.

Residents of Gaza reported intense overnight strikes that destroyed several residential buildings and killed entire families sheltering in homes damaged from previous bombings. Hospitals in Khan Younis and Deir el-Balah have been overwhelmed with casualties, while rescue teams continue to search through rubble for survivors.

In Washington, President Donald Trump insisted that the ceasefire remains formally in effect, despite reports of renewed violence. Speaking to reporters, Trump said the United States was “actively working to ensure the situation remains very peaceful” and called on both sides to “honour their commitments and avoid further escalation.”

The latest escalation has cast doubt on the durability of the ceasefire agreement, which came into force earlier this month following nearly two years of devastating conflict between Israel and Hamas. The truce was intended to halt hostilities, enable the release of hostages, and allow large-scale humanitarian aid into the Gaza Strip.

According to Gaza health authorities, Israel’s war on Gaza has so far killed at least 68,159 people and wounded more than 170,203 since October 2023. The vast majority of the casualties are civilians, including women and children.

In Israel, official figures show that 1,139 people were killed in the Hamas-led attacks on October 7, 2023, while around 200 individuals were taken captive and later transferred to Gaza.

Despite the ceasefire, aid agencies report that the humanitarian crisis in Gaza remains dire. Food shortages, a collapsed healthcare system, and widespread displacement have left millions in urgent need of assistance. Relief workers warn that continued Israeli strikes risk derailing fragile peace efforts and worsening conditions for civilians trapped in the enclave.

As both sides trade accusations of ceasefire violations, international mediators are struggling to restore calm and prevent a full return to hostilities. The renewed violence underscores the fragility of the truce and the deep mistrust that continues to define relations between Israel and Hamas — despite global pressure for a lasting peace.

Author

Share

Leave a comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Don't Miss

Iran military warns US forces will be attacked if they enter Strait of Hormuz

TEHRAN: Iran’s military said on Monday that US forces would be attacked if they entered the Strait of Hormuz, following US President Donald...

Donald Trump claims Iran wants Hormuz Strait reopened soon

Washington: Donald Trump said Iran had informed him it was in a “state of collapse” and was trying to determine its leadership situation,...

Trump Unimpressed by Iran’s New Plan to End Conflict: US Official

Washington: US President Donald Trump is unhappy with the latest Iranian proposal on resolving the two-month war, a US official said, dampening hopes...

Related Articles

Iran military warns US forces will be attacked if they enter Strait of Hormuz

TEHRAN: Iran’s military said on Monday that US forces would be attacked...

Donald Trump claims Iran wants Hormuz Strait reopened soon

Washington: Donald Trump said Iran had informed him it was in a...

Trump Unimpressed by Iran’s New Plan to End Conflict: US Official

Washington: US President Donald Trump is unhappy with the latest Iranian proposal...

Trump Opts for Phone Diplomacy in Talks with Iran Amid Deadlock

Washington: Donald Trump on Sunday indicated that peace talks between Washington and...