Home Asia Central Asia Taliban spokesman confirms explosion in Kabul, denies major damage
Central AsiaGeoPolitics

Taliban spokesman confirms explosion in Kabul, denies major damage

Share
Share

KABUL: Several explosions were reported in Afghanistan’s capital, Kabul, late Thursday night, triggering a heavy security response and causing traffic disruptions across the city.

Taliban spokesperson Zabeehullah Mujahid confirmed the incident in a post on X, saying, “The sound of an explosion was heard in the city of Kabul. However, no one should worry — it is all well and good. The investigation of the incident is underway, and no report of any damage has been given so far.”

Local sources said a Land Cruiser vehicle was apparently struck near Abdul Haq Square, a busy area in central Kabul. The exact cause of the explosion remains unclear. According to Afghan media outlet TOLOnews, authorities closed the Abdul Haq intersection shortly after the blast, leading to heavy traffic congestion in the area as security forces cordoned off nearby roads.

AFP journalists in Kabul reported hearing two explosions around 9:50 p.m. local time (10:20 p.m. PKT). Following the blasts, security forces conducted vehicle checks and patrols across multiple neighborhoods. Residents also reported mobile phone service disruptions in parts of the city. As of late Thursday night, no casualties or property damage had been confirmed, and no group had claimed responsibility for the explosions. Authorities said an investigation into the incident was ongoing.

Author

Share

Leave a comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Don't Miss

International Force for Gaza: Indonesia, Morocco, Kosovo Among Contributors

Five Countries Pledge Troops for Gaza Under New International Stabilization Plan as Hamas Rejects Initiative. Indonesia, Morocco, Kazakhstan, Kosovo and Albania have pledged...

U.S. Set to End Military Presence in Syria, Sources Report

The United States is preparing to withdraw the approximately 1,000 remaining troops from Syria over the next two months, ending a nearly decade-long...

Lavrov Warns New U.S. Strikes on Iran Could Have Serious Global Consequences

Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov has warned that any new military strikes on Iran could have serious repercussions for the international community. In...

Related Articles

International Force for Gaza: Indonesia, Morocco, Kosovo Among Contributors

Five Countries Pledge Troops for Gaza Under New International Stabilization Plan as...

U.S. Set to End Military Presence in Syria, Sources Report

The United States is preparing to withdraw the approximately 1,000 remaining troops...

Lavrov Warns New U.S. Strikes on Iran Could Have Serious Global Consequences

Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov has warned that any new military strikes...

U.S. Deploys Largest Air Power Force to Middle East Since 2003 Iraq Invasion

The United States has moved an unprecedented concentration of air and naval...