Home West Asia UAE Unlikely to Participate in Gaza Stabilization Force, Says Senior Official
West Asia

UAE Unlikely to Participate in Gaza Stabilization Force, Says Senior Official

Share
Share

he United Arab Emirates (UAE) is unlikely to join the US-coordinated international stabilisation force for Gaza, citing the lack of a clear operational framework, a senior official said on Monday.

Emirati presidential adviser Anwar Gargash told the Abu Dhabi Strategic Debate forum, “The UAE does not yet see a clear framework for the stability force, and under such circumstances will probably not participate in such a force.”

The proposed multinational force, coordinated by the United States, is intended to gradually take over security responsibilities in Gaza following a fragile ceasefire after two years of conflict. Troop contributions were expected from Egypt, Qatar, Turkey, and potentially the UAE.

Last week, US President Donald Trump expressed optimism that the force would be deployed to Gaza “very soon,” emphasizing its role in consolidating the ceasefire and stabilising the region.

The UAE is one of the few Arab nations with official diplomatic ties to Israel, following the Abraham Accords signed during Trump’s first term in 2020. While the country has been a key regional partner in peace initiatives, its decision to likely abstain from the Gaza stabilisation mission reflects caution amid an unclear operational structure.

Share

Leave a comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Don't Miss

U.S. Set to End Military Presence in Syria, Sources Report

The United States is preparing to withdraw the approximately 1,000 remaining troops from Syria over the next two months, ending a nearly decade-long...

Lavrov Warns New U.S. Strikes on Iran Could Have Serious Global Consequences

Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov has warned that any new military strikes on Iran could have serious repercussions for the international community. In...

U.S. Deploys Largest Air Power Force to Middle East Since 2003 Iraq Invasion

The United States has moved an unprecedented concentration of air and naval assets to the Middle East, marking the largest deployment of U.S....

Related Articles

U.S. Set to End Military Presence in Syria, Sources Report

The United States is preparing to withdraw the approximately 1,000 remaining troops...

Lavrov Warns New U.S. Strikes on Iran Could Have Serious Global Consequences

Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov has warned that any new military strikes...

Iran Launches Missiles in Hormuz Amid Nuclear Negotiations

Iran conducted live missile drills in the Strait of Hormuz on Tuesday,...

Nearly 100 Countries and Three Blocs Condemn West Bank Annexation

JERUSALEM: Israeli authorities barred a senior imam of the Al Aqsa Mosque...