Home West Asia Israel Intensifies Gaza City Offensive, Dozens Killed in Strike on School
West Asia

Israel Intensifies Gaza City Offensive, Dozens Killed in Strike on School

Share
Share

GAZA CITY: Israel has stepped up its assault on Gaza City, launching a series of heavy strikes that have left dozens dead, including children, in what Palestinian officials described as one of the deadliest attacks on civilian infrastructure in recent weeks.

Witnesses and health officials said Israeli warplanes targeted a school that had been sheltering displaced families, killing multiple children and wounding dozens more. Images from the scene showed residents pulling bodies from the rubble as survivors searched frantically for loved ones. Ambulances struggled to reach the site due to ongoing bombardment in surrounding areas.

The Gaza Health Ministry confirmed that many of the victims were women and children, warning that the repeated targeting of schools, hospitals, and residential neighborhoods has turned the city into “a graveyard for civilians.” Local officials accused Israel of committing war crimes by deliberately striking shelters designated by the UN for displaced people.

Israel’s military, however, defended the operation, claiming the school compound was being used by Hamas fighters to launch attacks. A spokesperson said “precise strikes” were carried out against militants operating in civilian areas but did not provide evidence to support the claim.

The escalation comes as Israeli forces intensify ground and air operations in northern Gaza, with residents reporting some of the heaviest shelling since the conflict began. Thousands of civilians have fled deeper into the besieged enclave, but humanitarian agencies warn there is nowhere safe to go, as food, water, and medical supplies continue to run out.

International condemnation quickly followed the strike, with human rights organizations calling for an immediate ceasefire and an independent investigation into attacks on civilian sites. The UN reiterated its appeal for all parties to protect noncombatants, stressing that schools and hospitals must never be used as battlegrounds. Meanwhile, regional tensions are rising as protests erupted across Arab capitals in solidarity with Palestinians. Diplomats fear the conflict could expand further if the violence in Gaza City continues unabated.

Author

Share

Leave a comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Don't Miss

Iran military warns US forces will be attacked if they enter Strait of Hormuz

TEHRAN: Iran’s military said on Monday that US forces would be attacked if they entered the Strait of Hormuz, following US President Donald...

Donald Trump claims Iran wants Hormuz Strait reopened soon

Washington: Donald Trump said Iran had informed him it was in a “state of collapse” and was trying to determine its leadership situation,...

Trump Unimpressed by Iran’s New Plan to End Conflict: US Official

Washington: US President Donald Trump is unhappy with the latest Iranian proposal on resolving the two-month war, a US official said, dampening hopes...

Related Articles

Ali al-Zaidi Takes Office as Iraq’s New Prime Minister After Securing Confidence Vote

BAGHDAD: Iraq’s new Prime Minister Ali al-Zaidi officially assumed office as prime...

Masoud Pezeshkian Appreciates Pakistan’s Role in Strengthening Ceasefire

TEHRAN: Iranian President Masoud Pezeshkian, during a meeting with Pakistan’s Interior Minister...

Iran military warns US forces will be attacked if they enter Strait of Hormuz

TEHRAN: Iran’s military said on Monday that US forces would be attacked...

Attack on nun sparks concern among Jerusalem’s Christian community

JERUSALEM: Footage of an attack on a Catholic nun in Jerusalem shocked...