Home UN Israeli PM Heads to UNGA, White House Talks with Trump on War Goals
UNWest Asia

Israeli PM Heads to UNGA, White House Talks with Trump on War Goals

Share
Share

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu left early Thursday for a diplomatic visit to the United States, where he will address the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) in New York and hold talks with U.S. President Donald Trump at the White House.

Speaking ahead of his departure, Netanyahu said his discussions with Trump would focus on what he described as the unfinished goals of the ongoing war. “We will discuss the need to complete the goals of the war – to bring back all our hostages, to defeat Hamas and to expand the circle of peace that has presented itself to us following the historic victory in Operation Rising Lion and other victories we have achieved,” he said, referring to Israel’s 12-day war with Iran earlier this year.

Netanyahu also previewed the central message of his upcoming UNGA address, making clear that he intends to challenge international leaders who continue to support Palestinian statehood. “In my speech I will denounce the leaders who, instead of condemning the killers, want to give them a state in the heart of the Land of Israel. That will not happen,” he declared.

The visit underscores Netanyahu’s push to rally international backing for Israel’s military campaign and to counter renewed global pressure for a two-state solution amid the continuing Gaza conflict. His high-profile meeting with Trump is expected to further highlight the close alignment between the two leaders on regional security and Israel’s strategy toward Hamas and Iran.

Author

Share

Leave a comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Don't Miss

U.S. Set to End Military Presence in Syria, Sources Report

The United States is preparing to withdraw the approximately 1,000 remaining troops from Syria over the next two months, ending a nearly decade-long...

Lavrov Warns New U.S. Strikes on Iran Could Have Serious Global Consequences

Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov has warned that any new military strikes on Iran could have serious repercussions for the international community. In...

U.S. Deploys Largest Air Power Force to Middle East Since 2003 Iraq Invasion

The United States has moved an unprecedented concentration of air and naval assets to the Middle East, marking the largest deployment of U.S....

Related Articles

U.S. Set to End Military Presence in Syria, Sources Report

The United States is preparing to withdraw the approximately 1,000 remaining troops...

Lavrov Warns New U.S. Strikes on Iran Could Have Serious Global Consequences

Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov has warned that any new military strikes...

Iran Launches Missiles in Hormuz Amid Nuclear Negotiations

Iran conducted live missile drills in the Strait of Hormuz on Tuesday,...

Nearly 100 Countries and Three Blocs Condemn West Bank Annexation

JERUSALEM: Israeli authorities barred a senior imam of the Al Aqsa Mosque...