Home West Asia UAE Unlikely to Participate in Gaza Stabilization Force, Says Senior Official
West Asia

UAE Unlikely to Participate in Gaza Stabilization Force, Says Senior Official

Share
Share

he United Arab Emirates (UAE) is unlikely to join the US-coordinated international stabilisation force for Gaza, citing the lack of a clear operational framework, a senior official said on Monday.

Emirati presidential adviser Anwar Gargash told the Abu Dhabi Strategic Debate forum, “The UAE does not yet see a clear framework for the stability force, and under such circumstances will probably not participate in such a force.”

The proposed multinational force, coordinated by the United States, is intended to gradually take over security responsibilities in Gaza following a fragile ceasefire after two years of conflict. Troop contributions were expected from Egypt, Qatar, Turkey, and potentially the UAE.

Last week, US President Donald Trump expressed optimism that the force would be deployed to Gaza “very soon,” emphasizing its role in consolidating the ceasefire and stabilising the region.

The UAE is one of the few Arab nations with official diplomatic ties to Israel, following the Abraham Accords signed during Trump’s first term in 2020. While the country has been a key regional partner in peace initiatives, its decision to likely abstain from the Gaza stabilisation mission reflects caution amid an unclear operational structure.

Share

Leave a comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Don't Miss

Iran military warns US forces will be attacked if they enter Strait of Hormuz

TEHRAN: Iran’s military said on Monday that US forces would be attacked if they entered the Strait of Hormuz, following US President Donald...

Donald Trump claims Iran wants Hormuz Strait reopened soon

Washington: Donald Trump said Iran had informed him it was in a “state of collapse” and was trying to determine its leadership situation,...

Trump Unimpressed by Iran’s New Plan to End Conflict: US Official

Washington: US President Donald Trump is unhappy with the latest Iranian proposal on resolving the two-month war, a US official said, dampening hopes...

Related Articles

Ali al-Zaidi Takes Office as Iraq’s New Prime Minister After Securing Confidence Vote

BAGHDAD: Iraq’s new Prime Minister Ali al-Zaidi officially assumed office as prime...

Masoud Pezeshkian Appreciates Pakistan’s Role in Strengthening Ceasefire

TEHRAN: Iranian President Masoud Pezeshkian, during a meeting with Pakistan’s Interior Minister...

Iran military warns US forces will be attacked if they enter Strait of Hormuz

TEHRAN: Iran’s military said on Monday that US forces would be attacked...

Attack on nun sparks concern among Jerusalem’s Christian community

JERUSALEM: Footage of an attack on a Catholic nun in Jerusalem shocked...