Home Asia East & South Asia Train Accident Kills 11 Railway Workers in China
East & South Asia

Train Accident Kills 11 Railway Workers in China

Share
Share

A tragic accident in southwest China claimed the lives of 11 railway workers on Thursday, authorities confirmed. The incident occurred at Kunming’s Luoyang Town station in Yunnan province, when a train involved in seismic equipment testing collided with construction workers in the early morning hours. Two other workers were injured and are receiving medical treatment.

The Kunming Railway Bureau said the train was “passing normally through a curve inside Kunming Luoyang Town Station when a collision happened with construction workers who had entered the track area.” The bureau confirmed that transportation resumed to normal by midday Thursday following the accident.

Railway authorities have launched an investigation into the cause of the crash. Initial reports suggest that the workers were on the tracks at the time of the incident, but details of why they were in the track area remain unclear. The investigation aims to determine whether safety protocols were breached or if operational errors contributed to the collision.

Industrial accidents remain relatively common in China, often linked to unclear regulations and inconsistent enforcement of safety standards. Authorities have reiterated their commitment to improving workplace safety, particularly in high-risk sectors such as railway construction and maintenance.

Local residents and colleagues expressed shock and grief over the incident, emphasizing the need for stricter safety measures to prevent such tragedies in the future. The victims included experienced workers who had been part of ongoing railway construction and maintenance projects in the region.

Share

Leave a comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Don't Miss

Iran military warns US forces will be attacked if they enter Strait of Hormuz

TEHRAN: Iran’s military said on Monday that US forces would be attacked if they entered the Strait of Hormuz, following US President Donald...

Donald Trump claims Iran wants Hormuz Strait reopened soon

Washington: Donald Trump said Iran had informed him it was in a “state of collapse” and was trying to determine its leadership situation,...

Trump Unimpressed by Iran’s New Plan to End Conflict: US Official

Washington: US President Donald Trump is unhappy with the latest Iranian proposal on resolving the two-month war, a US official said, dampening hopes...

Related Articles

Trump’s controversial “hellhole” comment draws sharp backlash in India

India on Thursday criticised as inappropriate a post by US President Donald...

India Buys Iranian Oil in Yuan, Moving Away from Dollar Payments

NEW DELHI: India has made a significant shift in the mechanism for...

Pakistan Mediates US–Iran Talks Amid Deadlock Over Uranium Enrichment

Islamabad: Pakistan is reportedly playing an active diplomatic role in efforts to...

Indonesia’s “Non-Aligned” Stance Questioned as Defense Ties with U.S. Deepen

Jakarta: Indonesia’s long-standing claim of maintaining a non-aligned foreign policy is increasingly...