Home UN China Criticizes Washington’s Veto, Demands Ceasefire in Gaza
UN

China Criticizes Washington’s Veto, Demands Ceasefire in Gaza

Share
Share

China has strongly criticized the United States for repeatedly using its veto power at the United Nations Security Council (UNSC) to shield Israel, accusing Washington of obstructing global efforts to halt the bloodshed in Gaza.

Foreign media reports said Beijing condemned the US decision to block resolutions addressing what it called the “genocide of Palestinians,” stressing that the repeated vetoes have paralyzed the UNSC’s ability to respond to the crisis.

Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi reiterated Beijing’s call for an “immediate, unconditional, and permanent ceasefire,” warning that Israel’s actions in Gaza have created an unprecedented humanitarian catastrophe over the past two years. He said such actions undermine international law, threaten the viability of the two-state solution, and endanger stability across the Middle East.

“The international community must take three urgent steps: enforce a comprehensive ceasefire in Gaza, guarantee the Palestinian people’s right to govern their own land, and uphold the two-state solution as the foundation for peace,” Wang declared.

He further emphasized China’s support for Palestine’s full UN membership under the two-state framework, saying that genuine peace would remain elusive unless the Palestinians are granted statehood.

Author

Share

Leave a comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Don't Miss

Iran military warns US forces will be attacked if they enter Strait of Hormuz

TEHRAN: Iran’s military said on Monday that US forces would be attacked if they entered the Strait of Hormuz, following US President Donald...

Donald Trump claims Iran wants Hormuz Strait reopened soon

Washington: Donald Trump said Iran had informed him it was in a “state of collapse” and was trying to determine its leadership situation,...

Trump Unimpressed by Iran’s New Plan to End Conflict: US Official

Washington: US President Donald Trump is unhappy with the latest Iranian proposal on resolving the two-month war, a US official said, dampening hopes...

Related Articles

UN to Vote on Strait of Hormuz Resolution as China Opposes Military Force

The U.N. Security Council is set to vote on a Bahraini resolution...

UN Reports 36,000 Palestinians Displaced in West Bank Over Past Year

GENEVA: The United Nations has called on Israel to immediately halt its...

UN Chief Warns of Rapid Changes in Global Security Landscape

GENEVA – The United Nations Secretary-General Antonio Guterres on Monday called for...

UN

Every 10 Minutes, a Woman Is Murdered by a Family Member, UN Says

Every 10 minutes last year, a woman somewhere in the world was...