Home GeoPolitics Gaza Death Toll Rises as Israeli Strikes Leave 8 Dead
GeoPolitics

Gaza Death Toll Rises as Israeli Strikes Leave 8 Dead

Share
Share

At least eight people were killed in Israeli attacks across the Gaza Strip overnight and into this morning, medical sources told Al Jazeera Arabic. The strikes, which targeted multiple areas of the besieged enclave, add to the mounting death toll as Israel’s military campaign continues.

Emergency officials reported that in addition to the fatalities, an unspecified number of Palestinians were injured in southern Gaza. According to ambulance services, Israeli gunfire struck civilians waiting for humanitarian aid in the north of Rafah, a city that has become a focal point of displacement and humanitarian crisis.

The renewed violence comes amid widespread shortages of food, medicine, and fuel in Gaza, where aid deliveries remain severely limited. Humanitarian agencies have repeatedly warned that attacks on civilians queuing for aid not only worsen the humanitarian catastrophe but also violate international humanitarian law.

The latest casualties add to tens of thousands already killed since the war began. With large parts of Gaza’s health system in ruins and medical facilities overwhelmed, officials warn that the actual toll could be higher, as many victims remain trapped under rubble or are unable to reach hospitals.

The incident underscores the increasingly dire situation facing Gaza’s population, where civilians are caught between escalating Israeli attacks and dwindling humanitarian relief. International calls for a ceasefire and unrestricted aid access have so far gone unheeded, leaving the enclave’s residents in deepening peril.

Author

Share

Leave a comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Don't Miss

Iran military warns US forces will be attacked if they enter Strait of Hormuz

TEHRAN: Iran’s military said on Monday that US forces would be attacked if they entered the Strait of Hormuz, following US President Donald...

Donald Trump claims Iran wants Hormuz Strait reopened soon

Washington: Donald Trump said Iran had informed him it was in a “state of collapse” and was trying to determine its leadership situation,...

Trump Unimpressed by Iran’s New Plan to End Conflict: US Official

Washington: US President Donald Trump is unhappy with the latest Iranian proposal on resolving the two-month war, a US official said, dampening hopes...

Related Articles

Iran military warns US forces will be attacked if they enter Strait of Hormuz

TEHRAN: Iran’s military said on Monday that US forces would be attacked...

Donald Trump claims Iran wants Hormuz Strait reopened soon

Washington: Donald Trump said Iran had informed him it was in a...

Trump Unimpressed by Iran’s New Plan to End Conflict: US Official

Washington: US President Donald Trump is unhappy with the latest Iranian proposal...

Trump Opts for Phone Diplomacy in Talks with Iran Amid Deadlock

Washington: Donald Trump on Sunday indicated that peace talks between Washington and...