Home GeoPolitics Iran Criticizes U.S. Shift on Enrichment Issue, Cancels Nuclear Talks
GeoPolitics

Iran Criticizes U.S. Shift on Enrichment Issue, Cancels Nuclear Talks

Share
Share

The United States’ sudden demand for a complete halt to uranium enrichment in Iran only surfaced after the second round of indirect nuclear negotiations, according to Mohammad Rangabran, Media Advisor to Iran’s Foreign Minister.

Rangabran said that despite the U.S.’s firm public stance, its negotiating team displayed a more constructive tone during the third round of talks, raising hopes for continued diplomatic engagement.

Contradictions Prompt Iran to Withdraw from Talks

However, following the conclusion of the third round, Washington returned to what Iran views as a contradictory public position by labeling uranium enrichment inside Iran a “red line.” This stark shift contradicted the tone of the discussions held behind closed doors.

In response to this perceived inconsistency, Iran registered a formal protest with Oman—acting as a mediator in the talks—and subsequently canceled the fourth round of negotiations that had been scheduled for May 3 in Muscat.

The Iranian official emphasized that Tehran could not proceed with dialogue under such contradictory messaging from the U.S. side.

This setback reflects the fragile state of ongoing efforts to revive or renegotiate nuclear understandings amid a climate of mistrust and political maneuvering.

Author

Share

Leave a comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Don't Miss

Iran military warns US forces will be attacked if they enter Strait of Hormuz

TEHRAN: Iran’s military said on Monday that US forces would be attacked if they entered the Strait of Hormuz, following US President Donald...

Donald Trump claims Iran wants Hormuz Strait reopened soon

Washington: Donald Trump said Iran had informed him it was in a “state of collapse” and was trying to determine its leadership situation,...

Trump Unimpressed by Iran’s New Plan to End Conflict: US Official

Washington: US President Donald Trump is unhappy with the latest Iranian proposal on resolving the two-month war, a US official said, dampening hopes...

Related Articles

Iran military warns US forces will be attacked if they enter Strait of Hormuz

TEHRAN: Iran’s military said on Monday that US forces would be attacked...

Donald Trump claims Iran wants Hormuz Strait reopened soon

Washington: Donald Trump said Iran had informed him it was in a...

Trump Unimpressed by Iran’s New Plan to End Conflict: US Official

Washington: US President Donald Trump is unhappy with the latest Iranian proposal...

Trump Opts for Phone Diplomacy in Talks with Iran Amid Deadlock

Washington: Donald Trump on Sunday indicated that peace talks between Washington and...