Home GeoPolitics Israel Warns of ‘Mighty Hurricane’ if Hamas Refuses to Surrender
GeoPolitics

Israel Warns of ‘Mighty Hurricane’ if Hamas Refuses to Surrender

Share
Share

Israel vowed on Monday to escalate airstrikes on Gaza in what it called a “mighty hurricane,” warning Hamas that it must release all hostages and surrender or risk the destruction of the enclave. Defense Minister Israel Katz described the offensive as a “final warning,” pledging to intensify military pressure until Hamas yields.

Residents in Gaza City reported heavy aerial bombardments alongside ground operations, including the demolition of armored vehicles in the streets. The Israel Defense Forces (IDF) also destroyed a 12-story residential block housing dozens of displaced families, saying Hamas militants had been using the building for intelligence gathering and planning attacks. The strike came hours after the army ordered civilians inside and in nearby tents to evacuate.

At the same time, the United States presented a new ceasefire proposal. According to Israeli officials, the plan calls for Hamas to return all 48 remaining hostages—both living and dead—on the first day of a truce, paving the way for negotiations on ending the war. While Hamas reiterated its willingness to release captives, it insisted this must be linked to a clear announcement of an end to hostilities and the withdrawal of Israeli forces.

The conflict also spilled into Jerusalem, where two Palestinian gunmen opened fire at a bus stop on the city’s outskirts, killing six people, including a Spanish citizen, and wounding more than 20. Israeli police said the attackers, identified as residents of the occupied West Bank, were shot dead at the scene by a soldier and an armed civilian. World leaders, including those from Spain, France, the EU, and the UAE, condemned the attack.

US President Donald Trump added to the diplomatic pressure, repeating what he called his “last warning” to Hamas. He claimed Israel had accepted his terms for a deal and urged the group to follow suit, warning of severe consequences if it refused. Speaking after a trip to New York, Trump suggested progress could be imminent, saying, “We’re working on a solution that may be very good.” Hamas confirmed it had received US ideas through mediators and was reviewing them, though no details were disclosed.

Israel’s latest offensive marks a renewed escalation in Gaza City, where hundreds of thousands of residents remain amid ruins left by earlier waves of intense fighting. As the humanitarian toll mounts, the clash between military pressure and diplomatic negotiation highlights the widening geopolitical stakes of a war now entering its third year.

Share

Leave a comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Don't Miss

Iran military warns US forces will be attacked if they enter Strait of Hormuz

TEHRAN: Iran’s military said on Monday that US forces would be attacked if they entered the Strait of Hormuz, following US President Donald...

Donald Trump claims Iran wants Hormuz Strait reopened soon

Washington: Donald Trump said Iran had informed him it was in a “state of collapse” and was trying to determine its leadership situation,...

Trump Unimpressed by Iran’s New Plan to End Conflict: US Official

Washington: US President Donald Trump is unhappy with the latest Iranian proposal on resolving the two-month war, a US official said, dampening hopes...

Related Articles

Iran military warns US forces will be attacked if they enter Strait of Hormuz

TEHRAN: Iran’s military said on Monday that US forces would be attacked...

Donald Trump claims Iran wants Hormuz Strait reopened soon

Washington: Donald Trump said Iran had informed him it was in a...

Trump Unimpressed by Iran’s New Plan to End Conflict: US Official

Washington: US President Donald Trump is unhappy with the latest Iranian proposal...

Trump Opts for Phone Diplomacy in Talks with Iran Amid Deadlock

Washington: Donald Trump on Sunday indicated that peace talks between Washington and...