Home West Asia Israel Warns of Renewed Military Action if Hamas Violates Gaza Deal
West Asia

Israel Warns of Renewed Military Action if Hamas Violates Gaza Deal

Share
Share

Israel has warned that it will resume full-scale military operations in Gaza if Hamas fails to uphold the terms of the current ceasefire, signalling a fragile calm in the war-torn enclave may not last long.

In a statement issued by Defence Minister Israel Katz, the Israeli government emphasized that it would not tolerate any breach of the US-brokered truce agreement. Katz said that Israel remained committed to the ceasefire as long as Hamas adhered to it, but any violations would trigger an immediate military response.

“If Hamas refuses to comply with the agreement, Israel, in coordination with the United States, will resume fighting and act to achieve a total defeat of Hamas,” Katz’s office said in a statement released on Tuesday.

The defence minister stressed that Israel’s objectives in Gaza had not changed, describing the ceasefire as a temporary measure aimed at facilitating humanitarian relief and hostages’ release rather than an end to the war.

“Our mission remains the same — to change the reality in Gaza and ensure that Hamas no longer poses a threat to Israel or the region,” Katz added.

The remarks come amid cautious optimism following the US-backed truce, which was designed to halt weeks of intense fighting that left thousands dead and much of Gaza in ruins. The ceasefire, mediated with Washington’s involvement and regional partners, has so far brought a measure of relief to civilians, though both sides have accused each other of minor violations.

Analysts say Israel’s latest warning underscores the fragility of the truce and the deep mistrust between the two parties. The United States has urged restraint and called on both sides to honour their commitments to maintain stability and allow humanitarian aid to flow into Gaza.

Author

Share

Leave a comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Don't Miss

International Force for Gaza: Indonesia, Morocco, Kosovo Among Contributors

Five Countries Pledge Troops for Gaza Under New International Stabilization Plan as Hamas Rejects Initiative. Indonesia, Morocco, Kazakhstan, Kosovo and Albania have pledged...

U.S. Set to End Military Presence in Syria, Sources Report

The United States is preparing to withdraw the approximately 1,000 remaining troops from Syria over the next two months, ending a nearly decade-long...

Lavrov Warns New U.S. Strikes on Iran Could Have Serious Global Consequences

Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov has warned that any new military strikes on Iran could have serious repercussions for the international community. In...

Related Articles

International Force for Gaza: Indonesia, Morocco, Kosovo Among Contributors

Five Countries Pledge Troops for Gaza Under New International Stabilization Plan as...

U.S. Set to End Military Presence in Syria, Sources Report

The United States is preparing to withdraw the approximately 1,000 remaining troops...

Lavrov Warns New U.S. Strikes on Iran Could Have Serious Global Consequences

Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov has warned that any new military strikes...

Iran Launches Missiles in Hormuz Amid Nuclear Negotiations

Iran conducted live missile drills in the Strait of Hormuz on Tuesday,...