Home GeoPolitics Israeli Forces Intensify Raids, Arrests, and Demolitions Across West Bank
GeoPolitics

Israeli Forces Intensify Raids, Arrests, and Demolitions Across West Bank

Share
Share

Israeli occupation forces launched a large-scale campaign of raids, arrests, and demolitions across various parts of the occupied West Bank, marking a significant escalation in military operations. In al-Khalil (Hebron), troops demolished the home of martyr Abdul Qader al-Qawasmi for the second time, having previously razed it in January 2024. The operation involved surrounding neighborhoods, detaining residents, and establishing military checkpoints, severely disrupting civilian movement.

Meanwhile, the Wall and Settlement Resistance Commission reported that in April alone, Israeli forces carried out 73 demolition operations, destroying 152 structures, including 96 inhabited homes and 34 agricultural buildings. Tubas, al-Khalil, and occupied East Jerusalem were the hardest-hit regions.Elsewhere, in the Jordan Valley, a Palestinian civilian was assaulted near the Hamra checkpoint, while Israeli troops continued to close access points and restrict movement for workers.

In occupied al-Quds (Jerusalem), former prisoner Nadim al-Khatib was re-arrested, and in Qalqilya, youth Ahmed al-Jazzar was detained during a home raid. In Jenin, forces stormed the eastern neighborhood and raided multiple homes and businesses, including the Damascus Café. Nablus experienced widespread early-morning raids across several districts such as the Old City, al-Taawun, and Ras al-Ain.

Operations also extended to the towns of Sarta near Salfit and Silwad near Ramallah, where forces blocked entrances, set up checkpoints, and conducted house raids. Movement was particularly restricted in Turmus Ayya for a second consecutive day, further compounding difficulties for residents. These actions form part of a broader intensification of Israeli military activity in the West Bank, drawing concern from human rights groups and local communities.

Author

Share

Leave a comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Don't Miss

Iran military warns US forces will be attacked if they enter Strait of Hormuz

TEHRAN: Iran’s military said on Monday that US forces would be attacked if they entered the Strait of Hormuz, following US President Donald...

Donald Trump claims Iran wants Hormuz Strait reopened soon

Washington: Donald Trump said Iran had informed him it was in a “state of collapse” and was trying to determine its leadership situation,...

Trump Unimpressed by Iran’s New Plan to End Conflict: US Official

Washington: US President Donald Trump is unhappy with the latest Iranian proposal on resolving the two-month war, a US official said, dampening hopes...

Related Articles

Iran military warns US forces will be attacked if they enter Strait of Hormuz

TEHRAN: Iran’s military said on Monday that US forces would be attacked...

Donald Trump claims Iran wants Hormuz Strait reopened soon

Washington: Donald Trump said Iran had informed him it was in a...

Trump Unimpressed by Iran’s New Plan to End Conflict: US Official

Washington: US President Donald Trump is unhappy with the latest Iranian proposal...

Trump Opts for Phone Diplomacy in Talks with Iran Amid Deadlock

Washington: Donald Trump on Sunday indicated that peace talks between Washington and...