Home GeoPolitics Trump Calls on Gaza Negotiators to Accelerate Peace Talks in Egypt
GeoPoliticsWest Asia

Trump Calls on Gaza Negotiators to Accelerate Peace Talks in Egypt

Share
Share

US President Donald Trump on Sunday urged negotiators from Hamas and Israel to expedite their efforts in ongoing peace talks being held in Egypt, saying discussions had made significant progress and could soon yield a breakthrough.

Posting on his Truth Social platform, Trump said the weekend had seen “very positive discussions” involving Hamas, Israel, and a broad range of regional and international actors. He noted that countries across the Arab and Muslim world, as well as others, were actively engaging to secure an agreement that would both end the war in Gaza and establish a long-elusive peace in the Middle East.

“These talks have been very successful, and are proceeding rapidly,” Trump wrote, adding that the negotiations also focused on the release of hostages still held in Gaza. “The technical teams will again meet Monday in Egypt to work through and clarify the final details. I am told that the first phase should be completed this week, and I am asking everyone to move fast.”

The Egyptian-brokered talks mark one of the most high-level engagements since the outbreak of renewed conflict in Gaza earlier this year. Washington has positioned itself as a central player in the negotiations, with Trump portraying the process as a potential turning point not just for Gaza but for wider regional stability.

Diplomatic observers say the US is pushing for a phased agreement that would combine immediate humanitarian relief and a halt to hostilities with longer-term arrangements addressing Palestinian governance and security guarantees for Israel.

Trump’s latest remarks reflect his administration’s sense of urgency to secure results, amid mounting international calls for a ceasefire and growing scrutiny of the humanitarian toll in Gaza.

Author

Share

Leave a comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Don't Miss

Iran military warns US forces will be attacked if they enter Strait of Hormuz

TEHRAN: Iran’s military said on Monday that US forces would be attacked if they entered the Strait of Hormuz, following US President Donald...

Donald Trump claims Iran wants Hormuz Strait reopened soon

Washington: Donald Trump said Iran had informed him it was in a “state of collapse” and was trying to determine its leadership situation,...

Trump Unimpressed by Iran’s New Plan to End Conflict: US Official

Washington: US President Donald Trump is unhappy with the latest Iranian proposal on resolving the two-month war, a US official said, dampening hopes...

Related Articles

Ali al-Zaidi Takes Office as Iraq’s New Prime Minister After Securing Confidence Vote

BAGHDAD: Iraq’s new Prime Minister Ali al-Zaidi officially assumed office as prime...

Masoud Pezeshkian Appreciates Pakistan’s Role in Strengthening Ceasefire

TEHRAN: Iranian President Masoud Pezeshkian, during a meeting with Pakistan’s Interior Minister...

Iran military warns US forces will be attacked if they enter Strait of Hormuz

TEHRAN: Iran’s military said on Monday that US forces would be attacked...

Attack on nun sparks concern among Jerusalem’s Christian community

JERUSALEM: Footage of an attack on a Catholic nun in Jerusalem shocked...