Home Asia East & South Asia Zelensky Warns of Russia’s Ambition to Expand War Into Europe
East & South Asia

Zelensky Warns of Russia’s Ambition to Expand War Into Europe

Share
Share

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky has cautioned that Moscow’s aggression will not remain confined to Ukraine, warning that Russia is preparing to extend its war deeper into Europe if not stopped.

Speaking at a press briefing on Thursday, Zelensky accused the Kremlin of actively destabilising neighbouring states while testing the resolve of NATO and the European Union. He said intelligence reports suggested that Russia is reinforcing its military build-up along several borders, and called for stronger Western unity to deter further escalation.

“Ukraine today is the frontline, but tomorrow it could be Poland, the Baltics, or any other part of Europe,” Zelensky warned. “Putin is counting on fatigue in the West. If we hesitate now, we hand him the initiative to expand the battlefield.”

Zelensky stressed that Moscow’s ambitions stretch far beyond territorial gains in Ukraine, describing them as an attempt to dismantle Europe’s security architecture. He pointed to recent cyberattacks, disinformation campaigns, and covert operations in Central and Eastern Europe as evidence of Russia’s broader strategy.

The Ukrainian leader also urged immediate military and financial assistance from Western partners, noting that delays in aid had already emboldened Russian advances on the ground. “Every day of hesitation costs lives. The price of inaction will not be paid by Ukraine alone — it will be paid by all of Europe,” he added.

NATO officials have recently echoed concerns about Russia’s long-term ambitions, with several member states reinforcing border defences and boosting defence spending. However, divisions remain within the EU over the scale and speed of further military support to Kyiv.

Zelensky concluded by reminding allies that Ukraine’s resistance was a safeguard for Europe as a whole: “Stopping Russia in Ukraine is not charity. It is the most important investment in peace and stability for the entire continent.”

Author

Share

Leave a comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Don't Miss

Iran military warns US forces will be attacked if they enter Strait of Hormuz

TEHRAN: Iran’s military said on Monday that US forces would be attacked if they entered the Strait of Hormuz, following US President Donald...

Donald Trump claims Iran wants Hormuz Strait reopened soon

Washington: Donald Trump said Iran had informed him it was in a “state of collapse” and was trying to determine its leadership situation,...

Trump Unimpressed by Iran’s New Plan to End Conflict: US Official

Washington: US President Donald Trump is unhappy with the latest Iranian proposal on resolving the two-month war, a US official said, dampening hopes...

Related Articles

Trump’s controversial “hellhole” comment draws sharp backlash in India

India on Thursday criticised as inappropriate a post by US President Donald...

India Buys Iranian Oil in Yuan, Moving Away from Dollar Payments

NEW DELHI: India has made a significant shift in the mechanism for...

Pakistan Mediates US–Iran Talks Amid Deadlock Over Uranium Enrichment

Islamabad: Pakistan is reportedly playing an active diplomatic role in efforts to...

Indonesia’s “Non-Aligned” Stance Questioned as Defense Ties with U.S. Deepen

Jakarta: Indonesia’s long-standing claim of maintaining a non-aligned foreign policy is increasingly...